Friday, August 19, 2011

Downtown Edmond is underrated

I have lived in Edmond for most of my life so I have taken its theme for granted. Many suburbs can't boast a historic downtown area. For those that can, the lack of upkeep and vacancy of businesses are enough to kill the vibe. Downtown Edmond is full of niche retail shop that don't really appeal to me, but it's cool to have them.


A new shop to Downtown

Don't take this the wrong way, but the building faces of downtown Edmond remind me of London. When I was there, I noticed many buildings that were connects, but each looked differently.



I do have some memories of this area from growing up here. My first haircut that I can remember came from my Uncle's old school barber shop. I can remember getting the spike down the part of my hair. Why was that ever in style?
The Friendly Barbershop



Of more recent memory, my wife and I have a special restaurant that we enjoy going to. Othellos is where we had our rehearsal dinner, and we have been here for several other special occasions. I try to forget that this was Edmond's hospital long ago. It was then a movie cinema, so if there were any hauntings, it was probably then.






Here are some other pictures I took in Downtown Edmond:








More Sketching


To see a more complete portfolio of some of my other pictures visit my Flickr page.

No comments:

Post a Comment